* the 2015 event calendar is closed, proposals submitted after october 1st will be considered for spring 2016
Thank you for considering La Casa Azul Bookstore as a venue for your event.
Click on the SUBMIT button to fill out the event proposal form.
- Because we host more than 15 events each month, our space is in great demand. In order to evaluate and select the best events for our community, a formal proposal is required.
- Please submit requests at least 3 months prior to the desired event date. Note that we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
If we agree to host your event, we require a cooperative advertising fee.
- Fee includes the use of our event space and AV equipment (if required) for talks, signings and workshops.
- Inclusion in our media calendar, which reaches our extensive media contacts who may (or may not) be interested in covering your event.
- Event details published in our print calendar, our email newsletter (5,000 subscribers), and on our website.
FAQ about events:
What types of events does La Casa Azul Bookstore host?
We focus on events that foster literary and artistic engagement with the community. Please submit requests at least 3 months prior to the desired event date. Note that we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
How do I sell my books, CDs, art, etc. at La Casa Azul Bookstore before, during or after my event?
We sell products on consignment. If you would like to have your items stocked at the shop leading up to the event, please discuss with bookstore event manager to make arrangements.
What kind of promotion does La Casa Azul Bookstore provide?
La Casa Azul Bookstore sends out a weekly electronic newsletter listing the upcoming week’s events and will include your event in the newsletter. The event will also be mentioned on social media (Facebook/Twitter) and included in the printed calendar.
You are also responsible for the promotion of your event, organizers are encouraged to create an event on Facebook, and tag the bookstore on Twitter @LaCasaAzulBooks
Does La Casa Azul Bookstore have seating for events?
Yes, we have 2 event spaces:
Lower gallery seats 30 people.
Back patio seats 30 people + 20 standing room.
All events are open to the public, if you would like to have a private event, please contact the store manager.
Can I have food at my event?
Yes, you may provide food, please discuss with the event manager before the event.
You should receive a response within 3-4 weeks of your submission - thank you for your patience!